Federal Grants

You may be eligible for federal aid from the United States Department of Education if you:

  • Are enrolled in a degree or certificate program

  • Are a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen

  • Have a high school diploma or GED

  • Demonstrate satisfactory academic progress

  • Are not in default on a Perkins Loan, Direct Loan, Stafford Loan, PLUS or SLS Loan at any institution

  • Do not owe a refund of any federal financial aid at any institution

  • Are registered with Selective Service, if required

  • Have never been convicted of a drug-related offense

  • Have completed necessary entrance counseling for first-time borrowers of federal Direct Loan awards

Federal Pell Grant

Through this program, eligible undergraduate students may receive grants based on college costs and the expected family contribution (determined by factors such as family income and assets, size of family and number of post-secondary students in the family). No repayment is required. The Pell grant is available to students taking as little as one (1) credit.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

As an undergraduate student, you may receive federal grants. These grants are awarded based on exceptional need and circumstances. No repayment is required.

Federal Work-Study

This program, supported through federal and college funds, may be available to you if you are enrolled and can demonstrate financial need. Awards vary according to need and available funds. You may be employed either on- or off-campus with public or nonprofit agencies. Earnings must be used solely for educational purposes. Biweekly payment is made directly to you based on wage and hours worked. Work-study awards cannot be used for tuition, fees or book vouchers.