Students interested in applying for admission to Dutchess Community College should
submit completed application forms at least three months in advance of the date they
hope to begin their studies. Typically, International students begin their studies
in either the Fall (August) or the Spring (January) semester.
Download and print:
International Student Application
Although there is no application fee, all of the procedures listed below must be completed
before an applicant will be considered for admission. All materials should be mailed
Michele Diano, Admissions Counselor, Dutchess Community College 53 Pendell Road Poughkeepsie,
NY 12601-1595, U.S.A.
A student applying for admissions will complete the following forms:
1. FSA-1. Personal Data Form for Foreign Nationals and Others Who Have Been Educated
Outside the United States
2. FSA-2. Autobiographical Essay
3. FSA-3. Confidential Statement on Finances
Submit the following:
1. Score of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
2. A complete and official record of secondary school studies, signed by an authorized
official of the school. Include on these records:
Dates of attendance
Names of individual subjects
Numbers of hours in each class per week
Length of each course in weeks
Grade, mark or rank achieved in each subject
Description of the marking system
Official copy of any diploma or certificate received
If possible, rank in the graduating class or some other indication of the candidate's
3. A certified bank statement from your sponsor or yourself that indicates sufficient
funds to cover one year's educational expenses.
Charity shares her DCC story as an international student.