- About DCC
- Student Life
- Continuing Education
- News & Events
We offer online writing assistance through Zoom video/audio and email from Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Our friendly tutors will respond to your writing questions and concerns, suggest revisions, and provide constructive feedback, all from the safety of home.
If you would like to chat about and review your writing assignment with a tutor in real-time over audio and video, you can schedule a LIVE tutoring appointment through Zoom during normal business hours. To do so, students must:
1. Schedule a date and time for an appointment via the following booking form. Make sure to select “Zoom Tutoring” at the top of the form.
2. Email the instructor’s assignment directions (if available) and a Microsoft Word-compatible copy of the essay under review to the Writing Center at email@example.com BEFORE THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT DATE/TIME.
Shortly before your scheduled appointment time, we will email you a link to the tutor’s Zoom room.
If unavailable for a Zoom tutoring appointment, you may instead request emailed feedback from a Writing Center tutor. An emailed feedback session will see a tutor reading through your assignment and providing some text feedback and revision suggestions based on your questions and concerns. To request emailed feedback, students must:
1. Schedule a date and time for an appointment via the booking form. Make sure to select “E-mailed Feedback” at the top of the form.
2. When booking an appointment, make certain to fill out completely the supplemental questions at the bottom of the booking form. Importantly, make certain to provide the requested brief description of what concerns the tutor should focus on when reviewing the writing assignment.
3. Email the instructor’s assignment directions (if available) and a Microsoft Word-compatible copy of the writing assignment under review to the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT DATE/TIME.
Your essay will be returned with a tutor’s feedback within a couple hours of your booked appointment time.
NOTE: The Writing Center stipulates that only a single writing assignment may be submitted for a single emailed feedback session. Please be advised that your tutor will only be able to spend the duration of your half-hour appointment slot reading and responding to your piece. Consequently, the tutor might not be able to provide complete feedback during the allotted time, particularly if you submit a lengthy writing assignment. Depending on the amount and type of assistance required, the tutor might recommend that you book additional appointments. If your writing assignment is time-sensitive or if you have specific concerns about your paper that would be easier to discuss through spoken conversation, please consider scheduling a live Zoom tutoring appointment instead.
In addition to supplying virtual help with all course-related writing assignments, The Writing Center also offers Scholarship Essay, Transfer Essay, Resume, and Cover Letter revision assistance in both Zoom and Emailed Feedback session formats. If you would like to schedule an appointment for one of these writing tasks, please click the corresponding service at the top of our booking form.
NOTE ON ACADEMIC HONESTY: Please be aware that if our tutors find evidence of plagiarism in your submission, we will not be able to assist you until this issue is resolved.