- About DCC
- Student Life
- Continuing Education
- News & Events
The chemistry experiments are an integral part of your chemistry course. Whenever possible, the laboratory experiments for each chemistry course are scheduled to coincide with topics covered and discussed in lecture. As a result, please be aware of the following grade policies:
You cannot pass a chemistry course without completing all its corresponding labs.
You will receive a grade of F for a chemistry course if you do not complete all its corresponding labs.
If you can no longer pass a chemistry course due to missed labs, it is incumbent upon you to withdraw from the course in order to avoid receiving an F for the course.
1) Please make every attempt to attend your lab meeting times. However, if you have any COVID-19 related symptoms (cough, fever, loss of taste/smell, etc.) or are feeling ill in any way, please DO NOT come to lab.
2) If you need to be quarantined due to COVID-19, please notify your Laboratory Instructor and the Laboratory Staff so that accommodations can be made for your lab work.
3) Make-ups should be scheduled as soon as possible and performed as soon as safely possible.
4) To schedule a lab make-up, contact the laboratory staff via email or phone. You will provide your name and chemistry class/section, the experiment that you missed, and when you would like to come conduct your make-up. Select a time to make up the missed lab only from the times available on the schedule posted on the laboratory stockroom door and online. Since some of the available make-up times are during other lab periods, you will need to check that the Laboratory Staff secures permission from the Laboratory Instructor for that lab period. Note: Laboratory Instructors may refuse to allow a lab make-up during their lab period.
5) Students missing a scheduled make-up without calling or emailing to cancel beforehand may be denied the right to reschedule.
6) The Laboratory staff reserves the right to hold each student to the established limit of one lab make-up per semester.