Fall 2020 Laboratory Makeup Policy
The chemistry experiments are an integral part of your chemistry course. Whenever
possible, the laboratory experiments for each chemistry course are scheduled to coincide
with topics covered and discussed in lecture. As a result, please be aware of the
following grade policies:
You cannot pass a chemistry course without completing all its corresponding labs.
You will receive a grade of F for a chemistry course if you do not complete all its
If you can no longer pass a chemistry course due to missed labs, it is incumbent upon
you to withdraw from the course in order to avoid receiving an F for the course.
Lab Makeup Steps & Expectations
1) Please make every attempt to attend your lab meeting times. However, if you have
any COVID-19 related symptoms (cough, fever, loss of taste/smell, etc.) or are feeling
ill in any way, please DO NOT come to lab.
2) If you need to be quarantined due to COVID-19, please notify your Laboratory Instructor
and the Laboratory Staff so that accommodations can be made for your lab work.
3) Makeups should be scheduled as soon as possible and performed as soon as safely
4) To schedule a lab makeup, contact the laboratory staff via email or phone. You
will provide your name and chemistry class/section, the experiment that you missed,
and when you would like to come conduct your makeup. Select a time to make up the
missed lab only from the times available on the schedule posted on the laboratory stockroom door
and online. Since some of the available makeup times are during other lab periods,
you will need to check that the Laboratory Staff secures permission from the Laboratory
Instructor for that lab period. Note: Laboratory Instructors may refuse to allow a
lab makeup during their lab period.
5) Students missing a scheduled makeup without calling or emailing to cancel beforehand may be denied the right to reschedule.
6) The Laboratory staff reserves the right to hold each student to the established
limit of one lab makeup per semester.