TEAS is a multiple choice exam that measures entry level skills and abilities of nursing
program applicants. Areas tested are English, Reading, Science, and Mathematics. It
is intended to help students be appropriately prepared to progress through their nursing
courses. To be considered for clinical courses, students must achieve an overall score
of “proficient” or higher on the TEAS exam. The test will be offered in January and
February and takes approximately four hours. Registration for DCC testing dates will
be available in December.
Register for the Test
Students must register online in order to take the test. Registration for the exam
closes 24 hours before the exam.
1. Go to www.atitesting.com
2. Click “I am preparing for or taking the TEAS”
3. Click “Create Account” or “Login” on top right
4. Go to the Online Store
5. On the left side under “Register for…” click on TEAS
6. Program type: TEAS for Nursing Students
7. City: Poughkeepsie
1. Students will complete the process for registering for the exam and paying for
it along with any review materials at www.atitesting.com.
2. Students who do not attend DCC are also required to pay a $35 test proctoring fee
which can be done by clicking on the “Pay Test Proctoring Fee” button to the right.
Please bring proof of payment to the Testing Center on the date of testing.
Photo ID required for testing.
To see more information about the TEAS, please click on the button under “Learn More.”