You must meet economic and academic criteria to be admitted into the EOP program. You must also be a New York State resident for 12 months prior to enrollment.
In addition, you must:
- Have earned a New York State high school diploma or its equivalent or demonstrate ability to benefit from a college education by placement testing.
- Meet the guidelines shown below
- 75 or below high school GPA.
- Have taken one or more credit equivalent courses.
- Be a first-time, full-time matriculated student.
- Meet the income guidelines. The table below lists financial guidelines for EOP eligibility during the 2015-2016 academic year.
|Total Annual Income in
Prev. Calendar Year*
|* Plus $7,696 for each additional family member in excess of eight.|
Income Guidelines Do Not Apply If...
The student’s family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of
Temporary and Disability Assistance; or through a county Department of Social Services; or Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance;
- The students lives with foster parents who do not provide support for college and the student’s natural parents provide no such support;
- The student is a ward of the state or county.