Information for Architecture and Construction Students
- Architecture Schools: www.naab.org/
- Construction Management Schools: www.nccer.org/ and www.acce-hq.org/
To use the title "Architect" you must be registered through NCARB, take the ARE and participate in IDP. To find information on registration through IDP and ARE, and on certification, go to www.ncarb.org/
To get experience, first prepare your tools - your resume, portfolio and cover letter. Cover letters and resumes are fairly standard tools for the job search. A portfolio is the collection of your graphic work including drawings, paintings, computer rendered images, and photos of building models that you may have created.
- Career: You can find an article on career assessment at www.quintcareers.com/. Also check out www.fastcompany.com/ and www.about.com/.
- Salary: You can find compensation information at www.salary.com/ and at http://jobsearch.about.com/.
Architecture Related Sites
- AIA: The American Institute of Architects has an extensive Career Resources section which includes over 800 AIA member firms and links to their sites; and an Internet version of ProFiles's and other career-related subjects tailored specifically to the design fields. www.aia.org/
- ArchitectsUSA: Architects USA is a comprehensive Internet directory of over 30,000 architecture firms in America, from urban design and planning to furniture design. www.architectsusa.com/