Live & Learn
Special Alert: Applications for fall 2013 housing are now being accepted! Please note: You must be a current DCC student or have completed an admissions application in order to apply for housing.
If you're a full-time student who would like to combine the quality, affordability and other benefits of a Dutchess Community College education with the experience of living away at college ... good news! We now offer on-campus student housing; our new, suite-style residence hall opened this fall to rave reviews from students and parents. DCC has earned a reputation for providing an outstanding education while charging the lowest tuition in the state – $3,200 per year. This means that full-time DCC students enrolled in an associate degree program may enjoy an on-campus residential experience at a reasonable cost.
You must apply for admission to the College before you apply for housing, as you will need portal login information to access the online housing application. Be sure to keep your financial aid paperwork on track and apply early for housing to avoid having to be wait-listed.
Student safety, comfort and convenience were top priorities in the design of the residence hall, as we are committed to providing a secure, welcoming environment that enriches the student experience. The building features:
- All fully furnished, suite-style units
- Four stories
- 465 beds
- Convenient on-campus location, just a short walk from academic buildings, campus activities, sporting events and student services
- Front entrance on first floor, back entrance on second floor, convenient to parking
You'll also enjoy these amenities:
- Multi-purpose atrium
- Lounge on each floor
- Wireless Internet and cable television service
- Fitness room
- Laundry room
- Vending area
Get peace of mind with these safety/security features:
- Noncombustible construction
- Sprinklers throughout
- 24-hour security
- Central entrance and exit
- Controlled access
- On-site resident director and resident advisors
Feel good about these sustainability initiatives:
- Geothermal heating and cooling
- Energy-efficient windows
- Energy Star appliances
Find the answers to frequently asked questions!
If you're not ready to submit a housing application, sign up to become a Dorm Insider. We'll keep you posted on exciting developments and important news.
Click here to view the dorm brochure.
- Please be aware that Dutchess Community College is committed to maintaining an environment that promotes health, well-being and student academic success. DCC is a "dry" campus, which means alcohol is not permitted in the residence hall or elsewhere on College property, even if a student is of legal drinking age. Please also remember that this is on-campus housing, not an apartment. If you wish to engage in activities and/or behavior prohibited by law or by DCC housing regulations, and wish to live in an unmonitored environment, you should not apply to live in the residence hall.
- If you live in a county other than Dutchess or Putnam, you must have a high school average of at least 70 in order to live in the residence hall. Those who do not meet this requirement may attend DCC but not live on campus until completing at least one full-time semester at DCC and demonstrating satisfactory progress.
- Students transferring from another college to DCC with a GPA of below 2.0 will be individually considered for housing eligibility.
- Students must be at least 18 by December 31, 2013 in order to be eligible to live in the residence hall.
- You may not live in the residence hall if you have been dismissed from another college or withdrawn from another college under threat of dismissal.
- You may not live in the residence hall if you have been convicted of a felony.