Attend DCC tuition-free for two years if you graduate in the top 10% of your high school class!
You are eligible to apply for and be awarded a Charles E. and Mabel E. Conklin Scholarship for Academic Excellence for two years and receive two years of full tuition at Dutchess Community College if:
- You are graduating in June from a New York State approved high school located in Dutchess County or a high school designated by New York for Dutchess County residents and are a Dutchess County resident.
- Your rank, as calculated by your high school, is in the top 10% percent of your graduating class and you place into college-level courses when taking placement tests administered by DCC. Your high school must calculate your grade point average on the basis of your high school career through the 12th grade, mid-year point.
- You apply for federal and state financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every academic year. The Conklin Scholarship will be used for tuition that are not covered by NYS and/or federal financial aid grants. If NYS and/or federal financial aid grants totally cover tuition and fees, the student will be awarded a minimum of $250/semester for educational-related expenses.
- You attend Dutchess Community College as a full-time student in the fall semester and all subsequent semesters. This Scholarship is limited to the four consecutive semesters following high school graduation. Fees, summer sessions and books are not included.
- You achieve at least a 2.5 grade point average for each semester of enrollment.
How to apply:
- Complete both the Dutchess Community College application for admission which may be obtained through your Guidance Counselor or the Admissions Office at DCC and the Charles E. and Mabel E. Conklin Scholarship for Academic Excellence application. Return these applications to the DCC Office of Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Take College Placement Test or show proof of successful completion or current enrollment in college-level English and Math.
- Arrange for your high school to submit to DCC two official transcripts that note your cumulative grade point average and your class rank. One transcript should be submitted when you apply, the other when you graduate.
- You will be notified of your eligibility to receive a Conklin Scholarship by the Admissions Office within one month of the receipt of your completed applications. Please submit completed applications at the earliest possible date.
For more information please contact Michelle Diano in the DCC Admissions Office, 431-8015.