Welcome to the new and improved online tutoring services at the Dutchess Community College Writing Center! Students will now have two options to choose from when wishing to take advantage of the Writing Center’s online tutoring services.
Option I: Students can submit papers electronically in any subject and have a tutor read and comment on them via e-mail, usually 24 hours or so within the five-day school week. Papers turned in after Friday noon will be received Monday morning. It might take longer if response is heavy. ( Summer Sessions : papers may be submitted Monday, 9:00 a.m. through Thursday, 6:00 p.m. and will receive a same-day or maximum 24 hour response. After Thursday 6:00 p.m. students may submit to Net Tutor.)
Option II: Students can send a request to schedule a phone session with the tutor to discuss their writing assignment. Students will first e-mail the paper with the submission form. Then, at the assigned appointment time, the students will call the tutor to initiate the session.
Students will submit with each paper a form providing general information, such as the assignment, instructor (optional), and specific questions or concerns regarding the paper.
- Papers are strictly confidential, and the tutor will not share any comments with an instructor without a student’s knowledge or consent. Providing the instructor’s name is simply to help the tutor, who might be familiar with a certain teacher’s assignment.
- Once the paper and form are submitted, the student can expect a brief e-mail acknowledging receipt of the assignment, usually within a few hours. Please note that the tutor will not line edit papers for mechanical concerns.
- As in an on-campus DCC Writing Center session, the tutor will provide comments and note patterns of errors in the work.
- Guidelines for Submitting Papers
- Ask the Tutor
- Online Submission Form
- ***Note you will be asked to enter your MYDCC name and password in order to complete the submission form.
- Copying and Pasting Papers
- Links to Writing Resources
Students do not need to have a specific assignment to use this site. With the “Ask the Tutor” link, they can also e-mail general questions about writing, such as how to get started or about grammar issues. No forms need to be submitted for the “Ask the Tutor” service. Please note that students can also go to the DCC Writing Center’s "Helpful Links" page for online writing resources, or come to the College Writing Center for handouts and on-site study of writing-related books and references materials.