Electronic Resources and References for Writing
Links to other writing centers nationwide, with vast resources for writing. Here are a few recommended sites:
DICTIONARIES, ENCYCLOPEDIAS, STYLE GUIDES, LANGUAGE RESOURCES:
- Merriam Webster’s Dictionary
- Roget’s Thesaurus
- Strunk and White’s: Elements of Style
- Bartlett’s Familiar Quotations
- Project Bartleby Archive - Works of famous authors
- Wikipedia--Free online encyclopedia
GRAMMAR AND USAGE HANDOUTS, RESEARCH AND DOCUMENTATION QUESTIONS
Try the Purdue University OWL for extensive libraries of answers to your questions about grammar and researched writing and documentation
SITES FOR ESL STUDENTS
- Dave’s ESL Café - A fun site with resources, links, and a chat space.
AND FOR MORE LINKS TO HELPFUL SITES, YOU CAN VISIT ...
Visit the main page of the DCC Library where you will find links to...
(check our Resources page for links to citation styles and generators for researched papers)