The Student Academic Success Center assists students of all ability levels by supporting and improving academic skills. Specific services include:
- Tutoring—provided at no cost to students for almost any course.
- College Level Study Skills Assistance- provided to students one on one or in small groups
- Study Groups—created for targeted courses and groups of students.
- Computer-assisted instruction and individual assistance in writing, reading, mathematics, ESL and study skills.
- Academic Success Workshops
At DCC South, students can also find these services through the Academic Support Coordinator in the Main Office.
Staffed by an academic support professional available to provide college level study skill assistance, answer general questions, and help in obtaining tutorial services, the Student Academic Success Center is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. during the semesters. To receive assistance or for further information, please contact the Office of Academic Services and Testing at (845) 431-8090.