The Student Academic Success Center assists students of all ability levels by supporting and improving academic skills. Specific services include:
- Tutoring—provided at no cost to students for almost any course.
- Study Groups—created for targeted courses and groups of students.
- Computer-assisted instruction and individual assistance in writing, reading, mathematics, ESL and study skills.
- Academic Workshops:
- Just Google It – Utilize Google Apps for working on group projects. Wednesday, October 5, 12:00 –12:50 pm
- What is Your Why? – Empower yourself in college and in life. Tuesday, October 18, 12:30 – 1:20 pm
- What Will It Take to Survive? - Do you know how to calculate your GPA? Understand how your grades effect today and tomorrow. Wednesday, October 19, 12:00 – 12:50 pm
- Everyone has the Same Amount of Time in a Day – Find out how to maximize your most valuable resource. Wednesday, October 26, 12:15 – 12:30 pm
- LinkedIn 101- Create your own Professional LinkedIn Account. Tuesday, November 15, 12:30 – 1:20 pm
- Don’t Stress the Test – Learn test prep strategies which help reduce final exam stress. Tuesday, November 29, 12:30 – 1:20 pm
- Ted Talk Thursdays – Join us for a Ted Talk and discussion on variety of topics. Thursdays at 3:30 pm
At DCC South, students can also find these services through the Academic Support Coordinator in the Main Office.
The Student Academic Success Center (SASC) is open 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, Fridays until 4:00 p.m. and limited Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
To receive assistance or further information, please contact the Office of Academic Services and Testing at (845) 431-8090.