Candidates are invited to apply for all subject areas. Please review the College catalog and indicate a specific area of interest when submitting a resume. Candidates will be contacted for an interview on an as-needed basis.
There are openings for Fall 2015 for adjunct lecturers in the following specific areas:
- Digital Media Production Courses - both day and evening sections (Candidates should have an MFA in Film or Media Production and have knowledge of Avid software, HD video cameras and digital workflow)
- COM 103 - The Art and Craft of Editing
- COM 110 - Basic Video Production
- COM 101 - Introduction to Communications Media, day adjunct needed. The course provides an introduction to media aesthetics including theory, critical analysis, and studio television production (lighting, sound, cameras). (master's degree required)
- COM 120 - Introduction to Media Writing (master's degree required)
- Reading 103 – Academic Reading, For Day sections (master’s degree required)
- BUS 102 - Introduction to Business, day adjuncts needed (master's degree required)
- BUS 104 - Business Organization and Management, day adjuncts needed (master's degree required)
- Biology - All levels (introductory, major, non-majors) both day and evening (master's degree required)
- Nutrition – Wednesday evening class (master’s degree required)
- Clinical Hematology (lecture and lab) on Mondays and Wednesdays (day) - Medical Technologist, MT(ASCP) required
- All levels of Mathematics (master's degree required)
Candidates generally are expected to hold a master's degree in the subject area taught. Some teaching experience is preferred for all positions.
Resumes should be e-mailed to:
or mailed to:
Dr. Holly Molella
Interim Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Dutchess Community College
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
EOE. Qualified women, minorities, the disabled and all others are encouraged to apply.